Find out what your legislators are doing
January 27, 2017
By Richard Donovan, legislative specialist
Did you know that you can use the Legislature’s e-subscribe notifications to receive email notifications from your local legislators? It only takes a few minutes to sign up. Here’s how to do it:
- Go to the following link: https://public.govdelivery.com/accounts/ORLEG/subscriber/new
- Enter your email address and hit “Submit.” (You may be asked to confirm your email address by entering it a second time.)
- Indicate how often you would like to receive notifications. OSBA recommends “immediately” receiving updates.
- You can also enter an optional password for increased security.
- On the next screen, select the updates you would like to receive. You can select legislators under the “Member News and Press Releases” section. Another important topic of interest: under “General Legislative” is the “Legislative News and Press Releases” section.
- One note: You can sign up for a lot of notifications, but OSBA recommends selecting your local legislators only and a few categories. During session, hundreds of emails go out every day to these notification lists, so choosing only a few at first is probably the best course of action. If you want more information, you can always come back and sign up for more. You can also click off the boxes if you’re getting too many notifications or notifications you don’t think are helpful.
- After you have selected the notifications you are interested in, hit “Submit,” then on the next page hit “Finish.” You’re subscribed!