OSBA elections will open Nov. 14
October 28, 2016
Ten seats are open on the OSBA Board of Directors. The voting period opens Nov. 14 for OSBA elections, and runs through Dec. 16.
The 10 candidates for OSBA Board seats are running unopposed. They are:
- Position 1 (Eastern), Kevin Cassidy (incumbent), Baker SD
- Position 2 (Gorge), Scott Rogers (incumbent – one-year term), Athena-Weston SD
- Position 5 (Southern), Craig Prewitt (incumbent), Phoenix-Talent SD
- Position 7 (Clackamas), Carlos Castañeda, Gladstone SD
- Position 9 (Douglas/South Coast), Hank Perry (incumbent), Douglas ESD
- Position 11 (Marion), Tass Morrison (incumbent), North Santiam SD
- Position 13 (Yamhill/Polk), Susan FitzGerald, Yamhill Carlton SD
- Position 15 (Washington), LeeAnn Larsen (incumbent), Beaverton SD
- Position 17 (Multnomah), Francisco Acosta (incumbent), Multnomah ESD
- Position 19 (Multnomah), Paul Anthony (incumbent), Portland Public Schools
Except as noted above, OSBA Board terms are for two years.
Local boards will be voting on OSBA Board representatives, as well as one resolution. OSBA reminds members to ask board chairs to place the election on board meeting agendas.
Election materials and a calendar can been found on the OSBA website.