Trending Issues: April 23 Webinar on Smarter Balanced Assessments
April 7, 2014
As Oregon approaches the implementation of the new Smarter Balanced Assessments, school board members across Oregon need to have the latest information about the newest standardized tests. OSBA is offering you the opportunity to learn more about the Smarter Balanced Assessments and ask questions about the impact this initiative will have on the work of your school board and staff.
Join OSBA Executive Director Betsy Miller-Jones as she hosts a webinar on Wednesday, April 23, to provide information about Smarter Balanced Assessments that is relevant to school board members. We are pleased to welcome three experts from the Oregon Department of Education:
- Doug Kosty, Assistant Superintendent in the Office of Learning
- Derek Brown, Director of Assessment
- Jon Wiens, Manager of Accountability and Reporting.
Our presenters will provide an introduction to the new tests and answer your questions directly.
Our agenda includes:
- Smarter Balanced Assessment Overview – what it is, timelines and resources
- What are the key differences between OAKs and Smarter Balanced?
- How will the tests be administered and used for accountability?
- Q and A from participants
The webinar will be held from 5:30 - 7:00 p.m. on Wednesday, April 23. Click here to register.
If you have any questions, or need additional information, contact Morgan Allen.