ODE seeks nominations for Teacher of the Year
March 10, 2014
Since 1955, the Oregon Department of Education annually selects one outstanding individual to serve as an advocate for the teaching profession and Oregon’s Teacher of the Year (TOY). Candidates for the Oregon TOY program are exceptionally dedicated, knowledgeable and skilled public school educators in pre-kindergarten through 12th grade. The Oregon Teacher of the Year has gained the respect and admiration of students, parents, and fellow educators, plays an active role in his or her community, and is distinguished as a leader in the profession.
To nominate a teacher
Teachers may be nominated by a student, colleague, administrator, school or district committee, friend or family member to apply for the award. We urge you to recommend an amazing teacher today!
- Click here to nominate your teacher.
- Nominations for the 2015 Teacher of the Year are due on May 23, 2014.
Oregon Teacher of the Year benefits
- Receive a $5,000 cash award
- Meet the President of the United States
- Receive a classroom SMARTboard from SMART Technologies, ULC
- Gain a network of friends and colleagues from the nation’s top teaching professionals
- Serve as the representative for the teaching profession, making public appearances statewide speaking with professional, business, education, civic, parent, and student groups
- Become Oregon’s candidate for the National Teacher of the Year Program, the oldest and most prestigious honors program to focus public attention on excellence in teaching. The National Teacher of the Year Program is a project of the Council of Chief State School Officers (CCSSO) and more information can be found on the CCSSO website.
If you have questions, contact Lauren Slyh at email@example.com.