Board Development Specialist|
E-mail Steve: firstname.lastname@example.org
Steve Lamb has provided executive search services and board training for OSBA since 2006. He previously served as Team Leader for the Rural Community School Partnerships Program funded by The Ford Family Foundation at Willamette Education Service District.
Steve earned his bachelor’s degree in psychological studies from Western Oregon University and his MBA from Marylhurst University.
With 37 years of program management and community engagement, he has helped groups set goals and build the will to achieve them. Organizations with a positive climate, he believes, achieve outcomes that are a strikingly better than those achieved by organizations that lack a positive climate.
Steve urges use of the following principles:
- Start with what you have (asset mapping), not what you need.
- Make the best use of what you already have before requesting access to more.
- Deliver a motivational paycheck to paid and volunteer staff (understanding that the currency is different for each individual).
- Involve everyone to the degree they desire, using techniques that make even the smallest contributions valuable in the aggregate.
- Build trust through regular and transparent self-evaluation, modeling the desire to improve.
- Celebrate success, both for the warm feelings and the opportunity to discuss next steps.