Board Members of Color Caucus
Making a difference in the lives of students of color
To promote quality education for all students, focusing on the needs of students of color.
- To promote positive relationships among school board members of color, their communities, political leaders and OSBA.
- To promote legislation to improve educational opportunities for students of color and other minorities in public schools.
- To promote positive representation of board members of color in OSBA.
- To encourage citizens of color to run for local school board seats.
There are several ways to become active with the caucus:
- Regular Membership is open to any elected or appointed member of a public school board in Oregon that is an active member of OSBA.
- Associate Memberships are open to district-level staff from OSBA member districts.
- Friends of the Caucus Memberships are open to other individuals interested in supporting the work of the caucus.
- Honorary Membership is conferred and discretionary.
Contact Jane Leonhardt if you are interested in joining.
- Caucus Officers
- President: Carlos Castaneda, Gladstone 115
- Vice President: Donna Tyner, Beaverton 48J
- Secretary-Treasurer: Kris Howatt, Gresham-Barlow 10
- Officer: Lori Theros, Klamath Falls City Schools
- Francisco Acosta Jr., Multnomah ESD
- Laurie Danzuka, Jefferson Co. 509J
- Linda Hamilton, Lane ESD
The Oregon School Boards Association is dedicated to improving student achievement through advocacy, leadership and service to locally elected, volunteer Oregon public school boards. OSBA may act as a facilitator of activities of the caucus, which shall compliment the state association and shall not duplicate OSBA efforts on behalf of all local governing boards.
1201 Court St NE, Ste 400, Salem OR 97301 | 503-588-2800