Eligibility requirements and term of office
To serve on the OSBA board, you must:
- Be an active member of your local board in the region electing you to the OSBA board of directors;
- Be a member of a local board that is a dues-paying member of OSBA; and
- Be nominated by a local board in the region.
OSBA board members serve two calendar years.
Terms on the board are staggered:
- Board members elected to odd-numbered positions begin service Jan. 1 of odd numbered years and end service Dec. 31 of even numbered years (Jan. 1, 2011 - Dec. 31, 2012);
- Board members elected to even-numbered positions begin service Jan. 1 of even numbered years and end service Dec. 31 of odd numbered years (Jan. 1, 2012 - Dec. 31, 2013);.
There is no limit to the number of terms you may serve.